Friday, July 24, 2009

Kelis tweeted about the baby--and Nas wasn't there


Kelis' PR team released this statement about the birth of her son:

“Kelis gave birth to Knight Jones last night on July 22nd around 9PM. Weighing a healthy 7.8lbs, the beautiful baby boy and his mother are doing wonderful. This was a natural birth and Kelis had been in labor since early Monday morning around 2AM. Knight was delivered in a NYC hospital with her mother and sister in the room. "

So it sounds like reports of Nas being barred from the birth room are true. The web is whispering Nas didn't show up until almost 15 hours after she went into labor AND that he was too intoxicated and rowdy to be allowed into the birthing suite. Kelis tweeted about the baby yesterday:


"Ok so I did it, he’s 7.8 pounds of the greatest stuff on earth…I was in labor for 3 of the longest most painful days of my life. I don’t understand when women say they don’t remember giving birth…I will remember for the rest of my life. He’s kinda perfect btw" --@Kelis


My only concern is, most modern doctors no longer allow a woman to labor that long for the safety of her baby and herself. I also never thought of Kelis as a no-epidural kind of chick. Maybe she recorded all her screams and cursing for a new album, no?

2 comments:

  1. Nas was off drunk and celebrating. Truth is he didn't want to arrive until the baby got there so he wouldn't have to deal with Kelis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These broads kill me tweeting from the delivery room. Enjoy the damn moment instead of trying to broadcast every damn detail.

    ReplyDelete