Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wesley Snipes is trying to redeem himself

He gets the side eye from me for a lot of what he has said and done, but Wesley Snipes really brought a tear to my eye with a recent interview he gave to Collider. He discussed his feelings about working with Michael Jackson on the "Bad" short film and how he felt the world treated him:


I am...critical about how Michael was treated, more than anything else. I think that he was an angel sent to us, and I think that we might have to reflect on how well we took care of him. People like to say, “Oh, people around him were bad and they didn’t do right by him.” But I think this is collective too. Because I don’t know the last time, and I can’t remember any other artist that attracted that much energy and projected that much power. That was that creative, and affected so many people, and was such a diplomat for America, and a champion for American culture, and African-American people worldwide. People wanted to move to America because of Michael Jackson. Industry changed, the music industry changed, because of Michael Jackson. That’s a gift to us, and, you know, I am concerned that the Good Lord may not send another one because we did not take good care of him (Michael Jackson).


Read the entire interview here.

No comments:

Post a Comment